Monday, February 6, 2012

Secrets

I have a secret.
Life has such an interesting way of playing itself out. A year ago from now I wouldn't dream of being as happy as I am now. I didn't think I would ever deserve to live the life I've been given. But it was given and it's mine :)

There once was a time when I was told that if you are good, then good things will happen to you. After a while of just being good I realized that those people who said that lied. I lost hope for a second, then soon realized that if I want good things to happen then I better start making them happen myself. There have been many ups and downs... and through those downs, I have learned how to pick myself up and keep going. I have learned to take it a day at a time and enjoy the good and happy moments because they don't last forever. If you live life only focusing on the stressful/bad moments then you are letting all the happiness escape from your life without living through it. That's what I have been taught for many years.. to know how to handle the tough times. I never once practiced what to do when good actually comes.

When that "good" comes, nothing else can touch you. Things fall apart around you but it holds you together. I have a secret and it's the best thing in my life. I don't understand what in this good earth I did to deserve this but I'm grateful that I have it. I thank the Lord everyday for blessing me so much... I'm so lucky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment